Safely storing cannabis, edibles, and medications in your home protects children, youth, and pets.
During the last few years, the number of young people and pets in need of emergency care after ingesting cannabis products has increased dramatically. Access to opioids and other prescription meds continues to be a risk for young people. Thank you for checking out this page!
Cannabis products, edibles, and medications can be locked up in a variety of containers. You may already have something in your home that you can use! Lockable filing cabinets and safes can be used for products that don’t need to be refrigerated. Smaller medication lock boxes are available that may fit in smaller spaces, including the fridge.
Here are few places in Franklin County and the North Quabbin region that told us they carry medication lock boxes, small safes, or other lockable containers:
- Rite Aid,107 Main Street, Greenfield, and other locations, carries this medication storage container. It’s small enough to fit in the fridge or in a small cabinet.
- Aubuchon Hardware, 200 Avenue A, Turners Falls can order a few types of lockable containers.
- CVS, 137 Federal Street, Greenfield, 1653 Main Street, Athol, and other CVS locations have medication lock boxes.
- Home Depot, 264 Mohawk Trail, Greenfield has safes and other lockable containers.
- Hamshaw Lumber in Orange, Greenfield, and Deerfield can order lockable containers.
- Baker Pharmacy, 52 Bridge St, Shelburne Falls has medication lock boxes or can order them quickly.
- Staples in Greenfield and other locations has a variety of lock boxes and filing cabinets that can be ordered online or through the store.
You can also call a local hardware store or pharmacy to see if they carry they type of lockable storage you want.
Thank you for helping to protect kids, youth, and pets!